Tuna Rice Casserole
- 1 c
- instant rice (such as minute rice)
- 1 c
- 2 6 oz
- cans tuna, drained (i use water packed but use what you like)
- 1 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup or cream of celery soup
- 1/2 c
- celery, finely diced
- 1/4 c
- onion, finely diced
- 1/4 tsp
- dried parsley
- the empty soup can filled half way with milk
- pepper to taste
- 6-8 oz
- shredded cheese ( i use colby or mild cheddar) use your favorite
- non stick cooking spray
How to Make Tuna Rice Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Spray casserole dish with cooking spray.
- 3Bring water to boil, add rice, cover and remove from heat; let sit until liquid is absorbed.
- 4Mix together soup and milk from the soup can; stir until smooth. Add tuna, celery, onion, parsley and pepper.
- 5Pour soup mixture over rice, mix to combine all ingredients. If mixture is too dry add a little more milk, you want it creamy but not soupy. Place mixture in casserole dish and bake 45-50 min. or until hot and bubbly, stir, add cheese to top of casserole and place back in oven until cheese is melted.