☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 mediumrainbow trout, cleaned and heads removed (about 1 pound each)
·salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cbeef broth
2 Tbspred wine vinegar
How to Make Trout With Bacon and Vinegar Sauce
- Preheat broiler. Set top rack about 6 inches from element.
- Salt and pepper the cavities of the trout. Wrap trout completely in bacon slices.
- Butter (using 1 tbs. butter) an oven proof large skillet (or a baking dish that can be used on stove top) and place trout in pan or dish.
- Broil for 8 minutes. Turn fish over and broil an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the fish to a plate and unwrap bacon slices. Chop about a tablespoon of the crispiest pieces of bacon.
- Deglaze the pan with the broth and vinegar.
- Add the bacon bits and reduce sauce over high heat about 2 minutes. Turn down heat and whisk in 2 tbs. butter.
- Remove backbones from fish. Place one trout on each dinner plate. Pour sauce over fillets.