☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 medium
- lake trout, cleaned and heads removed (about 1 pound each)
- salt and pepper
- 6 slice
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- beef broth
- 2 Tbsp
- red wine vinegar
How to Make Trout With Bacon and Vinegar Sauce
- 1Preheat broiler. Set top rack about 6 inches from element.
- 2Salt and pepper the cavities of the trout. Wrap trout completely in bacon slices (3 each).
- 3Butter (using 1 tbs. butter) an oven proof large skillet (or a baking dish that can be used on stove top) and place trout in pan or dish.
- 4Broil for 8 minutes. Turn fish over and broil an additional 5 minutes.
- 5Remove the fish to a plate and unwrap bacon slices. Chop about a tablespoon of the crispiest pieces of bacon.
- 6Deglaze the pan with the broth and vinegar.
- 7Add the bacon bits and reduce sauce over high heat about 2 minutes. Turn down heat and whisk in 2 tbs. butter.
- 8Remove backbones from fish. Place one trout on each dinner plate. Pour sauce over fillets.