Toasted sesame seed Asian grilled shrimp
Irisa Raina 9
It really turned out good, phew...and when I make the marinade next time I'll make a lot more of it to freeze.
We had this with risotto & fresh asparagus and a garden salad.
These were suppose to go on the BBQ but our winds kicked up so I ended up doing them on my indoor grille pan.
- 1 pound cleaned “ tail on “ shrimp ~ 26/30 count
- ½ cup sliced green onions “ white and green parts “
- 2 & ½ tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 ~ 13 ounce jar plum preserves
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 cup pineapple juice from a 20 ounce can of canned pineapple chunks “ not in heavy syrup “ reserving the pineapple for another meal
- 1 teaspoon sriacha hot sauce “ optional “ but this really puts it over the top!
How to Make Toasted sesame seed Asian grilled shrimp
- 3Remove the pan off the hot part of the stove and let the seeds cool in the pan.
- 4Once the pan has cooled add the preserves, soy sauce, pineapple juice & hot sauce simmer very slowly till it had reduced by 1/2. This should be thick at this point. How long this part will take depends on your stove, everyone’s is different. I simmered mine about 20 to 25 minutes. Just make sure you stir it every 5 minutes or so. Let it cool.
- 7Reserve the other ½ of the marinade for another meal.