How to Make Tennessee Fried Catfish
- 1Sprinkle both sides of fish with salt and pepper.
- 2Beat eggs slightly and blend in the milk.
- 3Dip fish in the eggs and roll in cornmeal.
- 4Place fish in a heavy fry pan which contains about 1/8 inch melted fat, hot but not smoking. Fry at a moderate heat. When fish is brown on one side, turn carefully and brown the other side. Cooking time is about 10 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish.
- 5Drain on absorbent paper. Serve immediately on a hot platter, plain or with a sauce.