How to Make Tennessee Fried Catfish
- Sprinkle both sides of fish with salt and pepper.
- Beat eggs slightly and blend in the milk.
- Dip fish in the eggs and roll in cornmeal.
- Place fish in a heavy fry pan which contains about 1/8 inch melted fat, hot but not smoking. Fry at a moderate heat. When fish is brown on one side, turn carefully and brown the other side. Cooking time is about 10 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Drain on absorbent paper. Serve immediately on a hot platter, plain or with a sauce.