Steamed Shrimp Maryland style
- 1 lb
- raw shrimp with shells. i use mediums.
- 1/2 c
- old bay seasoning.
- small onion, cut up into bite size pieces.
- 1 can(s)
- beer. you can use real beer or fake beer. i use fake beer.
- rice steamer or a steamer insert that goes in a pot.
How to Make Steamed Shrimp Maryland style
- 11 pound of raw shrimp. rinse them in a colander. Shake off excess water.
- 2Add 1 can of beer to the steamer in place of the water. If you are using a pot, pour the beer in the pot then add the steamer piece.
Add shrimp in the basket of the steamer or steamer piece.
- 3Add cut up Onion and 1/2 cup of Old bay Seasoning to the shrimp. stir and coat well.
Cover tight with a lid. If you are cooking stove top. cook on medium. Cook until shrimp is pink..
When it is done, serve hot with cocktail sauce. YUM
You can also add corn on the cob. (1/2 pieces) If you use larger shrimp, cooking time may vary. Always start off with thawed shrimp. It cooks evenly.
Left over shrimp can be used to make great shrimp pasta salad.