12 ozfirm white fish fillets (e.g. haddock loins)
1 mediumlemon (juice only)
2 Tbspolive oil, bacon drippings, or a combination
10-12 mediummushrooms, hard stems removed, thinly sliced
2 slicebacon, cooked, drained, and cut crosswise into 1/4 inch strips.
1/4 cwhite wine
1 lbfresh spinach, washed
1/2 cseasoned tomatoes (e.g. bruschetta spread, tomato pesto, chunky spaghetti sauce, seasoned canned tomatoes)
How to Make Spinach & Bacon Haddock
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Drip the lemon juice over the fish and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil (or drippings) in a large skillet or other oven-safe pan. Saute the sliced mushrooms in the olive oil until lightly browned.
- Remove the mushrooms from the pan, leaving their liquid behind. Put the mushrooms and bacon in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Pour the white wine into the hot pan and add the spinach. Cook the spinach until it is wilted but still quite green.
- Remove the spinach from the pan, leaving behind as much liquid as possible. Place the spinach on a cutting board. Remove the pan from the hot burner.
- Chop the spinach and add the spinach to the mushrooms and bacon. Stir to mix.
- Place the fish in the center of the pan. Spread the seasoned tomatoes on it and blanket with the spinach mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake 1/2 hour until the fish is cooked through.