Southern Style Salmon Patties
1 can(s)salmon, canned, de-boned and de-skinned if preferred.
1/4lemon juice, fresh
10saltine cracker crumbs
1/3 cyellow cornmeal
1 Tbsponion, minced
·ground pepper to taste
·olive oil, for frying
How to Make Southern Style Salmon Patties
- Empty the can of Salmon into bowl and remove bones and skin if desired.
- Squeeze in juice from 1/4 section of fresh lemon.
- Add 10 finely crumbled saltine crackers.
- Add yellow cornmeal, eggs, onion and pepper.
- Mix the above very well. Using hands, make 6 to 8 patties of about 2 inches in diam.
- Heat olive oil at med to high and carefully place patties in hot oil. Cook until golden brown, flip. Patties are ready to place on paper towels to drain oil, when golden brown on both sides.