3 ccooked, flaked salmon
1bag sour cream and onion potato chips (not the mini snack bags, but the next size up)
·canola oil to coat the botton of the pan
1/2 tspground black pepper
How to Make Sour Cream and Onion Salmon Cakes
- Crush the chips until they are crumbs.
- Preheat a large, shallow skillet over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Once preheated, put enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan and swirl it around the pan.
- Whisk the eggs together until well blended.
- Mix salmon, chips, eggs and pepper, until blended well.
- Take a 1/2 cup measuring cup and pack it firmly with the mixture. Rap it firmly on the edge of the bowl to release it, and shape it into a round patty. It needs to be about 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Fry the cakes on each side, until golden brown, 2-3 minutes per side.