- 3 c
- cooked, flaked salmon
- bag sour cream and onion potato chips (not the mini snack bags, but the next size up)
- 2 large
- canola oil to coat the botton of the pan
- 1/2 tsp
- ground black pepper
How to Make Sour Cream and Onion Salmon Cakes
- 1Crush the chips until they are crumbs.
- 2Preheat a large, shallow skillet over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Once preheated, put enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan and swirl it around the pan.
- 3Whisk the eggs together until well blended.
- 4Mix salmon, chips, eggs and pepper, until blended well.
- 5Take a 1/2 cup measuring cup and pack it firmly with the mixture. Rap it firmly on the edge of the bowl to release it, and shape it into a round patty. It needs to be about 1 1/2 inches thick.
- 6Fry the cakes on each side, until golden brown, 2-3 minutes per side.