Simple Salmon Oooh La La
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 - 4
- salmon steaks - either cut steak style or fillet style. use thick pieces of fish.
- 1 c
- lemon juice, either fresh squeezed or it can be bottled. if there are fewer pieces of fish, you may not need to use the whole cup. this liquid keeps the fish moist and sort of
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil, light
- 1/2 tsp
- each of black pepper and sea salt
- 1 bottle
- french salad dressing, the brand of your choice, room temperature. i generally don't use a "light" version.
How to Make Simple Salmon Oooh La La
- 1Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, set on bake. Mix thoroughly the lemon juice and olive oil in a cup or small container.
- 2Arrange the salmon steaks/fillets in a glass baking dish. Use a basting brush to brush the lemon juice/olive oil mixture onto the salmon. You can also just pour the mixture onto the salmon, being careful to evenly cover all the pieces. Use 1/2 tablespoon per piece of fish from the bottle of french dressing, and cover each piece on top with dressing.
- 3Sprinkle the black pepper and sea salt over the salmon pieces. When oven is preheated, put the dish in on a middle rack.
- 4Bake the salmon for 15 to 20 minutes. Salmon cooks quickly and you don't want to overcook it. You can check for doneness by opening the oven and using a fork to flake the salmon - if it pulls apart into flakes easily, it is done. If it is still raw looking and not pulling apart, let it cook for a few more minutes and check again.
- 5After the cooking time of 15 - 20 minutes, pull your salmon steaks out of the oven and serve them onto plates. Use the french dressing to add more of that flavor to the fish as a sauce, either directly on the salmon pieces or on the side. Add side dishes, and dinner is ready!