Shrimp with Chanterelles
Janus Joy Miller
1 1/2 lbshrimp, peeled and deveined
6 mediumgarlic cloves, minced
4 Tbspbutter, unsalted
3/4 cwhite wine, (i used a viognier for this - would also be good with an oak aged chardonnay)
3/4 lbchanterelle mushrooms (or any wild mushroom - i just used an equal volume of mushrooms to shrimp)
2 Tbspfresh thyme, chopped
2 Tbspfresh garlic chives, chopped
·salt & pepper to taste
·black truffle oil (optional)
How to Make Shrimp with Chanterelles
- In a skillet: Melt the butter with the garlic, thyme, and chives.
- Add the wine. Cook about a minute or two to eliminate the alcohol.
- Add the shrimp and chanterelles, and cook until the shrimp turn pink. About 5 minutes or less. Don't overcook the shrimp.
- Sprinkle with a few drops of truffle oil before serving.
- ALTERNATIVELY while you're getting ready for work (this is what I actually did this morning). Melt the butter with the garlic, thyme, chives and wine in the microwave for 1 minute. Put everything into an oven safe dish. Cover tightly and shake to coat. Turn the oven on to 375. (I used a little toaster oven, but just made a single serving) It's done in 10-15 minutes - about the time it takes to shower.
- I steamed some green beans and grabbed a pre-made serving of brown jasmine rice from the freezer to go along with this. Then put it in a container, sprinkled the truffle oil and headed out the door. If I were to serve this for dinner, I'd serve it over some fragrant rice with green beans, which go well with the chanterelles.