Shrimp Tacos with Citris Slaw
Leslie Speed Dutton
If the limes are tight, put in microwave for 10-20 seconds.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/4 cfresh orange juice
2 Tbspfresh lime juice
2 Tbspsour cream
1/4 smallpurple cabbage, shredded
1 cfrozen corn, thawed
1 largejalapeño peppers, seeds & veins removed then chopped
1 lbmedium shrimp, cleaned ams deveined.
1 Tbspolive oil
8 smallflour or corn tortillas
4 Tbspfresh cilantro, finely chopped
2 Tbsppineapple juice
·salt and pepper
How to Make Shrimp Tacos with Citris Slaw
- In a large bowl, whisk the orange pineapple juice and lime juices, sour cream, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Add the cabbage, cilantro, corn, and jalapeño and toss to combine. Let sit, tossing occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the shrimp with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes
- Wrap the tortillas in damp paper towels and heat in microwave for 30 - 45 seconds. Serve the shrimp with the tortillas and the slaw.