2 - 3 lbcleaned & deveined medium shrimp
1 cdark roux
1 mediumyellow onion, chopped
1 mediumgreen bell pepper, chopped
1 Tbspblack pepper
1 tspred pepper, more if you like it spicey
1 Tbspvegetable oil
How to Make Shrimp Stew
- Saute onions & bell peppers in oil until clear
- Add approximately 2 cups of water and bring to a boil
- Spoon in roux. Dissolve the roux. Keep adding water and roux until you have a medium to thick consistency
- Season both the gravy and the shrimp with salt, black & red pepper as desired.
- Add the shrimp to the gravy and simmer on low until the shrimp are tender, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Serve over cooked white rice, if desired.