★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3/4 lb
- small/bay shrimp, cooked
- 4 oz
- bean sprouts, fresh
- stalk of celery, thinly sliced
- 1 can(s)
- water chestnuts, diced
- small yellow onion, diced
- green onions, cut into 1/8 in. pieces
- 1/4 c
- baby peas
- 1 1/2 tsp
- fish sauce or soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 oz
- extra virgin olive oil and sesame oil, (1 oz. ea.)
- 2 pkg
- of knor's beef gravy mix
- 2 c
- cold water
- 1 Tbsp
- oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp
- soy sauce, low sodium
How to Make Shrimp Egg Foo Yung
- 1Stir-fry the bean sprouts, celery, and water chestnuts. Set aside to cool.
- 2Make the sauce by combining the gravy mix packets, water, oyster sauce and soy sauce. Mix with a wire whisk. Heat on medium high until bubbly, then reduce to warm and let thicken, stirring often.
- 3Beat the eggs in a large bowl, and mix in the shrimp, stir-fried vegetables, remaining vegetables and fish sauce.
- 4Heat the wok to medium, add blended oil to the wok. Using a small ladle, place the ingredients in the center of the wok and flatten the mixture out. Cook until solid and then fold in half. Continue cooking until done, turning over once.
NOTE: If you don't have a wok, you can use a small 6 in. egg pan or an 8 in. saute/omlette pan. I also use cooking spray instead of the oil in the wok.
- 5To serve, add the sauce on top.