★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 ccooked rice
12 ozpeeled, deveined raw shrimp, halved lengthwise
2 cdiagonally sliced celery
2 cchopped or sliced onions (i chopped them)
8 ozfresh clean spinach leaves
1 can(s)fancy mixed chinese vegetables
1/4 tspblack pepper
1/4 csoy sauce
1 1/4 cchicken broth, non-fat
How to Make Shrimp Cantonese
- Blend pepper, soy sauce, chicken broth, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- While rice is cooking, use a large skillet, and saute shrimp in butter for 1 minute or until shrimp turn pink.
- Add celery and onions. Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes.
- Add spinach and Chinese vegetables which have been drained. (I love the way the spinach seems to go from a colander full to almost nothing!)
- Cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir chicken broth mixture into shrimp/vegetable mixture. Cook, stirring, until sauce is clear and thickened-about 2 minutes.