2 lbcherry tomatoes
2 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
3 largecloves garlic, crushed
6pacific halibut fillets (4 to 6 oz each)
2 Tbspsesame oil
·kosher salt, to taste
·freshly ground black pepper to taste
How to Make Sesame Halibut with Roasted Tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Slice tomatoes in half and put them into a large bowl. Add olive oil and garlic,mix well.
- Put mixture onto a baking sheet. Roast in oven until tender and some edges are just beginning to burn, about 20 minutes.
- While tomatoes are cooking, heat a nonstick skillet on the stove over medium high heat.
- Coat both sides of fish with sesame oil, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place halibut in skillet and cook until 1/3 of the way up the side, about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and continue to cook 1/3 of the way up the side, another 3 to 4 minutes, to keep the center moist.
- To serve, plate halibut, top with roasted tomatoes and garnish with cilantro.