Seared Tilapia With Onions
How to Make Seared Tilapia With Onions
- 1Before you start cooking, season fillets with your spices.
In large hot, non stick skillet place oil, (medium hi heat) I leave in center of skillet and put garlic there till it sizzles, then spread out
- 2Place onions in now and saute until beginning to get tender
- 3scatter onions out and lay fish in skillet.
- 4cook, uncovered on medium heat, don't get to anxious, do NOT turn fish until one side is nicely seared. (lift up edge with spatula and peek )
If you turn it too often, fillets will fall apart.
- 5do keep the onions moving, so they don't burn, and if you need to, add another teaspoon of oil. If onions are browning too quickly, lay them on the fillets
- 6check fish after 10 minutes for crispness on underside and turn fillets over.
Cook another 10 minutes or until fish is seared well and the flesh is nice and white.
- 7Serve warm with a lemon slice if you wish