Sam's Southwest Halibut with Roasted Corn Pico de Gayo
How to Make Sam's Southwest Halibut with Roasted Corn Pico de Gayo
- 1Begin by roasting cob of corn. During the roasting period, combine the olive oil and lime juice very well and set aside.
- 2Sprinkle chili powder and kosher salt over flesh side of halibut. (I used skin off and it worked just fine. I had to be very careful when flipping it though so it wouldn't break up.)
- 3Coat both sides with the olive oil and lime juice mixture. Set aside and let marinate while you go on to the next step. Don't forget about your corn.
- 4I couldn't find colored tortillas so the plain worked just fine. I just stacked them together and cut them in half then into 1/8" strips.
- 5Fry tortilla strips in olive oil on medium high heat until they are golden brown and crispy. Drain and salt.
- 6Add the corn to the pico de gayo and stir.
- 7Grill on medium to medium high. Put fish on the grill flesh side down and grill about 4 minutes. Turn over and continue cooking for another 7-10 minutes or until fish begins to flake.
- 8When finished, put fish on a plate. Top with a large spoonful of pico de gayo and a sprinkling of fried tortilla strips. Serve and enjoy!!