Salmon with Red Wine braised Cherry Tomatoes
This turned out to be a huge hit with my extremely picky MIL, so I thought I'd save the recipe.
Cooking time is cooking time includes the extra cooking time for the potatoes.
- salmon, skinless filets
- 1 c
- cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 clove
- 2 medium
- 1/4 c
- red wine, dry
- 1 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- butter or ghee
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Salmon with Red Wine braised Cherry Tomatoes
- 1Peel and quarter the potatoes, boil them in lightly salted water until just soft, drain and set aside.
- 2Dice shallot and mince garlic.
- 3In a large skillet, heat half of the butter and gently fry the salmon fillets on both sides until slightly crisp. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer from the skillet onto a plate, cover with aluminum foil and set aside.
- 4Wipe the skillet as clean as possible, add the remaining butter and gently fry the diced shallot until translucent, then add minced garlic, continue frying until shallots start browning slightly.
- 5Add halved cherry tomatoes, stir well, push to one side of the skillet and add the potatoes to the other side. Fry for another two or three minutes, add salt to taste to the tomatoes, then add brown sugar to the cherry tomatoes, continue frying until sugar has melted and the potatoes start browning slightly.
- 6Pour the red wine over the tomatoes, stir and let the alcohol evaporate while the potatoes remain on the other side of the skillet. Some of the liquid will of course escape and touch the potatoes, but don't mind that. Just try to keep them separated and keep stirring the tomatoes until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- 7Add salmon back to the skillet, between potatoes and tomatoes, heat for one minute or so, then serve with a side of green salad.