Salmon Potato Fry with Herbs & Spinach
My family likes this and it's a simple, pretty healthy one dish meal.
From the cookbook "Plenty" by Diana Henry.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- onion, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 c
- cooked potato, in chunks
- 12 oz
- cooked salmon & smoked salmon trimmings (in a 2:1 ratio)
- 10 oz
- spinach leaves, coarse stems discarded and shredded
- salt & pepper to taste
- squeeze lemon juice
- small bunch parsley or dill, finely chopped (or dry dill)
- frozen peas (optional)
How to Make Salmon Potato Fry with Herbs & Spinach
- 1Heat butter and oil in large frying pan and add the onions and potatoes. Fry over medium heat until they are golden and the potatoes have browned in places.
- 2Flake the cooked salmon, discarding skin and any bones. Stir in along with smoked salmon, spinach, and peas, if using. Stir gently allowing the pinch to wilt.
- 3Season to taste with salt, pepper, lemon juice, and your chosen herb.
- 4TIP: frozen potato chunks (hash-browns) can be bought, as well as washed & trimmed "baby spinach" to make prep easier.