(my mother in law would double the recipe to feed her family)
- 1 can(s)
- red salmon
- egg yolk, reserve white
- onions, chopped small to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 c
- milk, scalded
- 2/3 c
- cracker crumbs
- beaten egg white
How to Make Salmon Loaf
- 1Drain salmon, remove the skin and bones.
Scald 1/2 cup of milk.
- 2Mix together, salmon, onions, cracker crumbs, egg yolk, salt, pepper, and scalded milk.
- 3Beat egg white, and fold into salmon mixture.
- 4Bake in small loaf pan, at 325 degrees, for 30 minutes.
- 5This salmon loaf is very moist, and sometimes difficult to cut. But it still tastes great!
- 6Serve with cheese sauce.
- 7**** Over the years I have stopped scalding the milk, and separating the egg. It turns out the same prepared this way too. See what you think!