(my mother in law would double the recipe to feed her family)
How to Make Salmon Loaf
- Drain salmon, remove the skin and bones.
Scald 1/2 cup of milk.
- Mix together, salmon, onions, cracker crumbs, egg yolk, salt, pepper, and scalded milk.
- Beat egg white, and fold into salmon mixture.
- Bake in small loaf pan, at 325 degrees, for 30 minutes.
- This salmon loaf is very moist, and sometimes difficult to cut. But it still tastes great!
- Serve with cheese sauce.
- **** Over the years I have stopped scalding the milk, and separating the egg. It turns out the same prepared this way too. See what you think!