Pam's Salmon Corn Chowder Loaf
- 1 can(s)
- red salmon, 15 oz. drained, skinned and deboned if preferred.
- 1/2 c
- onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 c
- celery chopped fine
- 1/4 c
- each of green and red sweet pepper, chopped fine
- 1/2 can(s)
- niblets corn, drained
- 1 small
- potato, baked in the microwave
- 1 to 1 1/4 c
- panko bread crumbs
- 2 to 3
- pieces of oil packed, sun dried tomato, diced
- 1 large
- 2 tsp
- dried dill weed
- 2 dash(es)
- hot pepper sauce
- 2 to 3 tsp
- lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp
- horseradish sauce
- 2 to 3 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- pancetta, hickory smoked bacon or lemon slices for topping.
How to Make Pam's Salmon Corn Chowder Loaf
- 1Preheat oven to 375º
Microwave one small red or golden potato (about the size of a baseball- 3 inches diameter or so) on high power for 3 min and let rest in the microwave til needed.
- 2Drain salmon, remove skin and bones if desired. Place in small bowl, flake into dime sized chunks and set aside.
- 3Chop all vegetables except potato and place in medium mixing bowl. Add niblets corn, sun dried tomato, and bread crumbs.
- 4In another small bowl, beat egg with dill weed, salt, pepper, hot sauce, lemon juice, horseradish sauce and mayo. Add to vegetables and stir to mix well.
- 5Peel and cube the potato into 1/2 inch dice, add to the vegetable mixture with the Salmon in the next step to avoid mashing the potatoes.
- 6Add Salmon and diced potatoes and mix carefully to avoid breaking the salmon up too much. Taste a bit and adjust seasonings if needed. ( Microwave a tablespoon or so for 30 seconds to sample if you are hesitant about raw eggs in the mix.)
- 7Divide the mixture into thirds (If using mini loaf pans) and form to shape. If using large loaf pan, just form one loaf.
- 8Top with your choice of toppings. My favorite are Thin sliced Pancetta, hickory smoked bacon, or lemon slices.
- 9Bake small loaves for 20-25 minutes, large loaf for about 35-45 minutes at 375°. Turn oven to broil and Broil for 5 to 6 min to brown and crisp bacon if desired.