★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 tspolive oil
1 smallonion- chopped
1celery stalk- diced
2 Tbspparsley- chopped
15 ozsalmon, canned (drain)
1 1/2 tspdijon mustard
1 3/4 cwhole wheat breadcrumbs (if mixture seems too wet, add more)
1egg (if mixture does not stick together well, add another egg)
How to Make Salmon Cakes-Healthy version
- Beat egg in a bowl, set aside.
- Chop and dice the onion, celery and parsley, add to egg.
- Add dijon mustard to mixture.
- Drain salmon and remove bones and skin, add to mixture.
- Add breadcrumbs to mixture.
- Mix all ingredients together, form into patties. You will make 6-8 patties. This depends on how large you would like yo patties. Cooking time will also depend on the size of your patties.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a frying pan, heat olive oil.
- Pan fry salmon patties on medium heat until brown.(About 5 minutes or so per side) Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake patties 5-7 minutes until fully cooked. Patties will be firm, but will break apart easily.
- Serve alone, with lemon or a creamy dill sauce.