★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 tsp
- olive oil
- 1 small
- onion- chopped
- celery stalk- diced
- 2 Tbsp
- parsley- chopped
- 15 oz
- salmon, canned (drain)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- dijon mustard
- 1 3/4 c
- whole wheat breadcrumbs (if mixture seems too wet, add more)
- egg (if mixture does not stick together well, add another egg)
How to Make Salmon Cakes-Healthy version
- 1Beat egg in a bowl, set aside.
- 2Chop and dice the onion, celery and parsley, add to egg.
- 3Add dijon mustard to mixture.
- 4Drain salmon and remove bones and skin, add to mixture.
- 5Add breadcrumbs to mixture.
- 6Mix all ingredients together, form into patties. You will make 6-8 patties. This depends on how large you would like yo patties. Cooking time will also depend on the size of your patties.
- 7Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a frying pan, heat olive oil.
- 8Pan fry salmon patties on medium heat until brown.(About 5 minutes or so per side) Place on a baking sheet.
- 9Bake patties 5-7 minutes until fully cooked. Patties will be firm, but will break apart easily.
- 10Serve alone, with lemon or a creamy dill sauce.