Potato Encrusted Fish
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I used grouper when testing this recipe out. The potato crusting and the flavors were just right. This would make a great presentation at your next dinner party. The Test Kitchen
3 largerusset potatoes shreaded
1/4 cbread crumbs
1/2 tspdried thyme
1/2 tsponion powder
4-6 ozfresh or frozen white fish such as cod or haddock, 1 inch or more thick
3 largeeggs beaten
How to Make Potato Encrusted Fish
- Preheat oven 450 f. Lightly coat a sheet pan with cooking spray. If using frozen fish make sure it is defrosted.
- You will need a dish for the eggs, a dish for the flour, and a dish for the shreaded potatoes. (I use a 9x13 glass pan).
- Toss together the grated potatoes, breadcrumbs,thyme, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- In a fry pan, heat about a cup of oil about med-med high heat.
- Dredge fish in flour, shake off excess then dip in egg and let excess drip off. Crust the fish in the potatoe mixture, pressing to adhere.
- Add encrusted fish to hot oil. Cook to brown the potatoes to crispiness. Flip and brown the other side. Drain on paper towel.
- Place browned fish on greased pan and bake in oven for about 5-8 mins. until cooked through.