Poached Cod with Tomato & Saffron
I found this recipe @ epicurious.com.It was delicious. I made a few changes,I used a can of crushed tomatoes,and I used fresh basil instead of bay leaves.Really quite tasty.
- 2 t. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced (i used 4)
- 1/2 t. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 c dry white wine (i used fish stock)
- 14.5 oz can whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- pinch of saffron threads
- salt, pepper, to taste
- 4 5-ounce skinless cod fillets
How to Make Poached Cod with Tomato & Saffron
- 1Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and pepper and cook, stirring often, until fragrant (garlic should not take on any color),about 3 minutes.
Add tomatoes, crushing with your hands as you add them, wine, bay leaves, saffron, and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until flavors meld, 5–7 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
Reduce heat to medium-low; season cod with salt and pepper and place in skillet. Cover and cook at a bare simmer until cod is opaque throughout and beginning to flake, 5–7 minutes (thicker pieces will take longer to cook).
Gently transfer cod to shallow bowls and spoon poaching liquid over.
About Poached Cod with Tomato & Saffron
You May Also Like:
Show 5 Comments & Reviews