★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbsea scallops
1 Tbsplime juice
1/4 cwhite wine, medium
1/8 colive oil, extra virgin
1 tspeach of basil, sage, parsley, or any other herbs you like. fine chop. if dried use 1/2 teaspoon
1untreated ceder cooking plank soaked in water over night
How to Make plank-grilled scallops
- soak ceder plank in water over night. (To save time in the future soak planks and store in freezer and take out as needed.)
- Place scallops in bowl and add the 1st five ingredeints. Toss to cover all scallops and let sit for 15 min.
- light grill. Gas-set at about 350f. Coals-create a cool zone by moving hot coals to one side of grill. place plank over cool side.
- When the plank starts to smoke place scallops on plank close cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes depending on size.
- Remove scallops and plank and serve
- Plank will char on bottom but can be used many times