Got the idea from the fish monger at our local farmers market and a kitchen store that had ceder cooking planks on sale. I made the first batch for my wife and I. Made some changes to the 1st recipe and tried it again with friends. Now all of my friends who tried them have gone out and bought ceder planks.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- sea scallops
- 1 Tbsp
- lime juice
- 1/4 c
- white wine, medium
- 1/8 c
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tsp
- each of basil, sage, parsley, or any other herbs you like. fine chop. if dried use 1/2 teaspoon
- untreated ceder cooking plank soaked in water over night
How to Make plank-grilled scallops
- 1soak ceder plank in water over night. (To save time in the future soak planks and store in freezer and take out as needed.)
- 2Place scallops in bowl and add the 1st five ingredeints. Toss to cover all scallops and let sit for 15 min.
- 3light grill. Gas-set at about 350f. Coals-create a cool zone by moving hot coals to one side of grill. place plank over cool side.
- 4When the plank starts to smoke place scallops on plank close cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes depending on size.
- 5Remove scallops and plank and serve
- 6Plank will char on bottom but can be used many times
You May Also Like:
Leave a Comment