PECAN CRUSTED FISH (sallye)
- firm whole fish fillets (trout,salmon,cod,mahi-mahi, etc)
- 2 c
- planko bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp
- thyme leaves
- eggs, beaten
- 1/4 c
- chopped pecans
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
- pepper to taste
How to Make PECAN CRUSTED FISH (sallye)
- 1Mix bread crumbs, oilve oil, pecans and thyme together in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- 2Lightly beat the eggs in a separate bowl and lay the filet face down in the eggs, flip over once so both sides are coated.
- 3Remove from eggs and place in bread crumbs, flesh side down
- 4Heat a large non-stick skillet ( I use my cast iron) to medium high and add 2 tablespoons olive oil.
When oil is hot, place fish crusted side down in pan
Lightly brown (approx 2 minutes) and then flip over to skin side. Cook for approximately 4 minutes over medium heat
Fish is done when it flakes cleanly with fork