Panko-Crusted Fish with Tomato-Basil Relish
2 largeegg whites, lightly beaten
4fish fillets, your choice, 6 oz each
1/2 tspkosher salt, divided
2 Tbspcanola oil
1 cgrape tomatoes, quartered
1/2 cvidalia onion, vertically sliced
2 Tbspfresh basil leaves
2 Tbspfresh lemon juice
1/2 tspblack pepper, freshly ground
How to Make Panko-Crusted Fish with Tomato-Basil Relish
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the egg whites in a shallow dish. Place the panko in another shallow dish.
- Dip the fish in egg whites; sprinkle fish evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt, and dredge in the panko.
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat; swirl to coat. Add the fish to the pan; cook 3 minutes or until browned and very crispy. Turn the fish over and place the pan in the oven.
- Bake the fish at 450 degrees for 7 minutes or it reaches your desired degree of doneness.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, tomatoes, and remaining ingredients in a bowl. Serve with the fish.