Pan Seared Salmon with Lemon and Capers
4fresh salmon fillets (1 inch thick, skin on)
1/2 mediumlemon, de-seeded
1 tspfresh ground pepper
1 tsponion powder
1 tspgarlic powder
1 tspcelery salt
2 Tbspolive oil
2 Tbspcapers, jarred in a liquid
1 dash(es)fresh ground pepper
4 slicefresh lemon for garnish
How to Make Pan Seared Salmon with Lemon and Capers
- Using FRESH salmon fillets, place skin side down on a plate to apply marinade. If you have large fillets, you may prepare two fillets and slice serving portions AFTER cooking.
- In a small bowl, combine pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, celery salt, and paprika. Stir together to combine.
- Squeeze 1/2 fresh lemon over fillets then sprinkle seasoning mixture over fillets. Let sit for at least five minutes while oil heats.
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat for 3-5 minutes (a cast iron skillet works best).
- Place marinated fillets flesh side down into hot oil, then turn heat up to high/medium-high, depending on your stove settings. (Oil should be popping/bubbling when fillets are placed into oiled skillet). Cook for 3-4 minutes (flesh side should be browned), then turn fillets over. Place 1/2 tablespoon jarred capers over each fillet (or 1 tablespoon each if large fillets) and sprinkle lightly with pepper. Lower heat to medium and continue to cook for approximately 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily. (Do not overcook, salmon cooks quickly).