Pan-Poached Alaskan Sockeye Salmon-Wild Caught
Sorry no picture yet. Forgot my camera at home. Will post one tomorrow.
- 12 oz
- alaskan sockeye salmon-wild caught
- almonds, whole
- 2 tsp
- extra virgin olive oil infused with garlic
- mrs. dash southwestern chipotle seasoning
- 6 oz
- brussel sprouts, frozen - thawed
- 1 can(s)
- diced tomatoes with basil and oregano, no salt added
- 1 can(s)
- 6.5 oz of shitaki mushrooms, sliced or your favorite
How to Make Pan-Poached Alaskan Sockeye Salmon-Wild Caught
- 1First lay the salmon, skin side down, on a papertowel and sprinkle with some of the Mrs. Dash Seasoning about 1/2 capful.
- 2Toast your almonds in a skillet add 1 teaspoon of the olive oil infused with garlic on medium high heat for about 5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Do not burn. Remove and place on a papertowel until cool. In the same pan saute your brussel spouts for 5 minutes on medium heat, remove and slice in half.
- 3In larger saucepan combine your tomatoes, mushrooms, add the brussel sprouts, bring to a boil, place salmon on top, sprinkle another cap full of the Mrs. Dash Seasoning, the remaining teaspoon of olive oil, reduce heat to medium low, and cover with foil. Poach the salmon for 15 minutes or until fork flaky. While the salmon is cooking chop your almonds.
- 4Plate the veggies, top with salmon and sprinkle the top with the chopped toasted almonds. Serve with light caesar salad with low fat croutons and dressing.
- 5Notes: If you do not have olive oil infused with garlic, use just the plain olive oil and add 1 tsp. of garlic powder or mince two cloves of garlic.