- red snapper filet***
- 1/2 c
- 1 large
- egg yolk
- 3 Tbsp
- finely chopped parsley
- 2/3 c
- finely crumbled white bread
- 1 c
- dry white wine
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 medium
- slicing tomatoes
- 1 medium
- white onion
How to Make OVEN BAKED SNAPPER BY BATES
- 1***Any other firm fish filet can be used such as salmon, trout, turbo, etc.
**Fish bouillon or vegetable stock can be used in place of wine
* 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese can be sprinkled over tomatoes and onion if desired
- 2Preheat oven to 400º.
Rinse fish and pat dry.
Season with salt and pepper
Place in cooking dish or pan and set aside
- 3Cream butter (reserve 1 TBS for later) and egg yolk.
Add parsley and mix well.
Spread butter mixture over fish filets
- 4Sprinkle bread crumbs evenly over the fish
Melt the reserved butter and drizzle over the bread crumbs.
- 5Pour wine (or stock) around --NOT ON TOP OF-- the fish
Place in 400º oven on middle rack.
Bake for 15 minutes until fish is cooked and top is lightly browned.
Temporarily remove from oven
Increase temperature to 425º and place oven rack in upper position
- 6Thinly slice tomatoes and onions
Evenly spread them over fish
This is where you can sprinkle the optional parmesan cheese on
Return to oven and cook for another 4-5 minutes until tomatoes and onions are browned.
Remove from oven and serve immediately.