One Skillet Fish Dish
- 1 c
- uncooked rice
- 2 1/4 c
- 4 medium
- fish filets, cod works best
- 1 large
- crown of broccoli or 1 pkg frozen broccoli cuts
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
IF USING FROZEN INGREDIENTS, THAW BEFORE COOKING
How to Make One Skillet Fish Dish
- 1In a large skillet, or sauce pan, add butter, water and 1/2 tbs lemon juice, stir, cover and bring to a boil.
- 2Add rice, stir and reduce heat to simmer, cover with lid and cook 10 minutes.
- 3Add fresh or thawed broccoli, stir rice and broccoli, if rice has absorbed most of the water, you can add up to 1/4 cup of water to keep rice from sticking, rest fish fillets on top of rice, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- 4Very gently, turn fish, drizzle remaining lemon juice over fish, season with salt and pepper, cover and cook 5-10 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat, let rest a few minutes, covered, then serve.