One Skillet Fish Dish
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 cuncooked rice
2 1/4 cwater
4 mediumfish filets, cod works best
1 largecrown of broccoli or 1 pkg frozen broccoli cuts
1 Tbsplemon juice, divided
·salt and pepper to taste
IF USING FROZEN INGREDIENTS, THAW BEFORE COOKING
How to Make One Skillet Fish Dish
- In a large skillet, or sauce pan, add butter, water and 1/2 tbs lemon juice, stir, cover and bring to a boil.
- Add rice, stir and reduce heat to simmer, cover with lid and cook 10 minutes.
- Add fresh or thawed broccoli, stir rice and broccoli, if rice has absorbed most of the water, you can add up to 1/4 cup of water to keep rice from sticking, rest fish fillets on top of rice, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Very gently, turn fish, drizzle remaining lemon juice over fish, season with salt and pepper, cover and cook 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let rest a few minutes, covered, then serve.