Norma's Orange and Dill Pan-Seared Tuna
4tuna or other firm fish steaks, 3/4 inch thick (4 ounces each)
·pepper and salt to taste
1 smallred onion, thinly sliced
3/4 corange juice
1 Tbspchopped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
1 Tbspbutter or margarine
1 tspgrated orange peel, if desired
How to Make Norma's Orange and Dill Pan-Seared Tuna
- Spray a 10 inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle both sides of fish with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add fish to skillet and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and cook 6 to 8 minutes, turning once until tuna is slightly pink in the center.
- Remove fish from skillet, place on warm plate and keep warm by covering it with another plate.
- Add onion to skillet and cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in orange juice and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in dill, butter and orange peel and cook 1-2 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Uncover fish and serve onion sauce over fish.
- Serve the tuna with your favorite side dishes.