Norma's Halibut Asparagus Stir-Fry
1 lbhalibut, tuna or cod fellets, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 mediumonion, thinly sliced
3garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tspfinely chopped gingerroot (freeze the ramaining for use later)
1 pkg(10 ounce) frozen asparagus cuts, thawed and drained
1 pkg(8 ounce) sliced mushrooms (3 cups)
1 mediumtomato, cut into thin wedges
2 Tbspreduced-sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsplemon juice
How to Make Norma's Halibut Asparagus Stir-Fry
- If you would rather use freah asparagus; there is no need to peel the stalks, just break off the tough ends as far down as the stalks snap easily and wash them well.Cut stalks into 1 inch pieces and cook in same manner as the frozen asparagus.
- Spray a 10 inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add fish, onion, garlic, gingerroot and asparagus and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until fish almost flakes with fork.
- Carefully stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cook until heated through and fish flakes easily with fork.
- Serve with additional soy sauce if desired.