Norma's 30 Minute Maple-Dijon Cod
4 tspolive oil, divided
3 Tbspbrown or yellow mustard seeds
2 Tbspdijon mustard
2 Tbsppure maple syrup
1 tspbalsomic vinegar
·sea salt and freah ground black pepper to taste
1 1/4 lbcenter cut cod fillet, cut into 4 pieces
1 bunchgreen onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
12 cbaby spinach
How to Make Norma's 30 Minute Maple-Dijon Cod
- In a small non stick skillet, heat 2 teaspoon of oil on medium low heat.
- Add mustard seeds and stir to coat. Cover and cook until seeds begin to pop, about 6 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let sit, covered until popping stops, about 2 minutes.
- Remove cover and stir in dijon mustard, maple syrup, vinegar, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Adjust 1 oven rack 3 to 4 inches from elements and preheat broiler to high.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil and arrange cod on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Spoon on dijon mixture over top of cod.
- Transfer to top rack and broil until cooked throught and flakes easily when tested with a fork, about 8 minutes. Watch not to burn. (I turned broiler down to low heat at the end)
- Remove from oven and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet on medium high and add remaining 2 teaspoons of oil.
- Add greem onions and sauce, stirring occasionally for 1 minute.
- Add spinach and cook until just wilted, about 2 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and spoon spinach onto serving plates and top with cod, dividing evenly.