Norma's 30 Minute Maple-Dijon Cod
- 4 tsp
- olive oil, divided
- 3 Tbsp
- brown or yellow mustard seeds
- 2 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp
- pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp
- balsomic vinegar
- sea salt and freah ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/4 lb
- center cut cod fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 bunch
- green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 12 c
- baby spinach
How to Make Norma's 30 Minute Maple-Dijon Cod
- 1In a small non stick skillet, heat 2 teaspoon of oil on medium low heat.
- 2Add mustard seeds and stir to coat. Cover and cook until seeds begin to pop, about 6 minutes.
- 3Turn off heat and let sit, covered until popping stops, about 2 minutes.
- 4Remove cover and stir in dijon mustard, maple syrup, vinegar, salt and pepper and set aside.
- 5Adjust 1 oven rack 3 to 4 inches from elements and preheat broiler to high.
- 6Line a large baking sheet with foil and arrange cod on baking sheet in a single layer.
- 7Spoon on dijon mixture over top of cod.
- 8Transfer to top rack and broil until cooked throught and flakes easily when tested with a fork, about 8 minutes. Watch not to burn. (I turned broiler down to low heat at the end)
- 9Remove from oven and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- 10Heat a large nonstick skillet on medium high and add remaining 2 teaspoons of oil.
- 11Add greem onions and sauce, stirring occasionally for 1 minute.
- 12Add spinach and cook until just wilted, about 2 minutes. Season with additional salt and pepper.
- 13Remove from heat and spoon spinach onto serving plates and top with cod, dividing evenly.