My Fish Sandwich with Zesty Pineapple Slaw
- 2 Tbsp
- mayonnaise, fat-free
- 2 Tbsp
- plain yogurt, fat free
- 1 can(s)
- pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 c
- coleslaw mix
- 1/4 c
- 2 tsp
- rice vinegar
- 1/2 c
- flaked coconut
- 1 1/4 lb
- fresh haddock ( two lg. pieces cut in half )
- 1/2 tsp
- paprika, sweet mild
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 tsp
- canola oil
- 8 slice
- whole wheat bread
How to Make My Fish Sandwich with Zesty Pineapple Slaw
- 1Whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar and crushed red pepper to taste in a medium bowl and set aside.
- 2Add drained pineapple to coleslaw mix and stir in dressing to combine and set aside.
- 3Place cornmeal in a shallow dish and sprinkle both sides of with with cajun seasoning an salt.
- 4Dredge the fish in the cornmeal.
- 5In a large non-skilet heat 2 teaspoons of oil over medium high heat.
- 6Add half the fish and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- 7Transfer cooked fish to a plate and repeat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil and fish, adjusting heat as necessary to prevent burning and cook remaing fish until golden brown.
- 8Toast the bread and top 4 slices with the fish and pineapple slaw and place on top the remaing slices of bread to make your sandwiches.
- 9Serve immediately with cold iced tea or your favorite drink.