My Fish Sandwich with Zesty Pineapple Slaw
2 Tbspmayonnaise, fat-free
2 Tbspplain yogurt, fat free
1 can(s)pineapple chunks, drained
2 ccoleslaw mix
2 tsprice vinegar
1/2 cflaked coconut
1 1/4 lbfresh haddock ( two lg. pieces cut in half )
1/2 tsppaprika, sweet mild
·salt & pepper to taste
4 tspcanola oil
8 slicewhole wheat bread
How to Make My Fish Sandwich with Zesty Pineapple Slaw
- Whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar and crushed red pepper to taste in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Add drained pineapple to coleslaw mix and stir in dressing to combine and set aside.
- Place cornmeal in a shallow dish and sprinkle both sides of with with cajun seasoning an salt.
- Dredge the fish in the cornmeal.
- In a large non-skilet heat 2 teaspoons of oil over medium high heat.
- Add half the fish and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer cooked fish to a plate and repeat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil and fish, adjusting heat as necessary to prevent burning and cook remaing fish until golden brown.
- Toast the bread and top 4 slices with the fish and pineapple slaw and place on top the remaing slices of bread to make your sandwiches.
- Serve immediately with cold iced tea or your favorite drink.