My Better Then Fast Food Fish Sandwich
1/2 cwhole wheat flour
1 1/2 cwhole wheat panko bread crumbs (found it in the organic section of my grocery store)
2 largeegg whites
8 ozcod fillet, cut on the bias into 4 equal pieces
·salt and pepper to taste
·non-stick cooking spray
1/2 cfat free mayonnaise
1 Tbspno sugar added sweet relish, such as mr. olive
4whole wheat hamburger buns
4lettuce leaves, shredded
4 slicelow fat chedder cheese
4 slicevine ripened tomato
How to Make My Better Then Fast Food Fish Sandwich
- Preheat your oven to 450
- Place a wire rack on a foil-lined baking sheet and set aside.
- Put the flour in a shallow dish and put the panko in another shallow dish.
- In a medium bowl, whip the egg whites with a whisk until they are extrememly foamy but not quite holding peaks.
- Season the fish pieces with salt and pepper to taste.
- Working in batches, dredge the fish in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Add the fish to the egg whites and toss to coat completely.
- Add the fish a few at a time to the panko and coat completely.
- Spread the fish out on the wire rack and spray it with lightly with cooking spray.
- Place the fish in your pre-heated oven and bake until the breading is golden and crispy and the fish is cooked through, about 10 to 15 minutes
- While fish is baking add the mayonnaise and relish in a small bowl and stir to combine and set aside.
- Toast the hamburger buns in a toaster oven or in a non-stick fry pan.
- Remove fish from the oven. Spread the tarter sauce on the bottom of the hamburger bun.
- Layer shredded lettuce on top of the sauce and then top with the fish.
- Add the sheese and tomato slice and top with top bun.
- Serve immediately.