My Best Tuna Salad
- 6 oz
- can light or white tuna, packed in oil; well-drained
- 1/2 stick
- celery, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- sweet pickle relish, well-drained
- 3 Tbsp
- finely chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- 3 Tbsp
- finely chopped apple
- 1/4 c
- 2 pinch
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make My Best Tuna Salad
- 1Drain the tuna well. I use oil-packed because it keeps the tuna salad from getting watery. I look for tuna packed in olive oil if I can find it. I prefer the solid over the flaked because it is easier to drain. Whatever type of tuna you use, spend some time making sure that it is very well-drained.
- 2Break up tuna in a small mixing bowl. Add other ingredients except salt and pepper, and mix well. Taste for seasoning, adding salt and pepper to your liking.
- 3Serve immediately as sandwich filling, or use my favorite method: stuffed in a small tomato that has been cut partially through in wedges. This is very good drizzled with a bit of Balsamic vinegar.