Mom-Mom Bessie's Salmon Croquettes
*** Just a note, here ..... when I want to get "fancy" when serving these, I'll make a sauce to drizzle over them using a can of cream of mushroom soup and about 1/3 can of milk ..... that just adds another layer of flavor and some "elegance" .... tastes good, too!
315 ounce cans pink salmon, drained (skin and bones removed) - reserve drained juices
1 1/2 ccracker crumbs
1 tspdried parsley flakes
·vegetable or canola oil for frying
How to Make Mom-Mom Bessie's Salmon Croquettes
- Place salmon in large bowl and flake with a fork.
- Add the eggs, 2/3 cup of the cracker crumbs and the parsley. Put the remaining cracker crumbs into a shallow bowl.
- Mix well. With hands, form into balls, using about 1/3 cup per ball, squeezing gently. Mixture should hold together but should not be too dry. If it's too dry, add some of the broth drained from can. If too wet, add more cracker crumbs. You should have 12 croquettes.
- Dredge croquettes in reserved cracker crumbs, pressing lightly so crumbs adhere. Place on a plate, covering each layer with a piece of waxed paper. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours to "set" crumbs.
- Meanwhile, place oil in deep fryer. When ready to deep fry, bring oil up to heat. (350 degrees F.)
- Fry croquettes for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towel. Serve with tartar sauce or cocktail sauce.