Moist Well-Done Tuna (Braised in Oil)
How to Make Moist Well-Done Tuna (Braised in Oil)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350F.
- 2Thaw tuna if frozen. Dry with a paper towel. Remove skin or dark meat from the tuna, if desired. Cut into 1-inch cubes, making an even number of pieces for two equal servings. Sprinkle salt on the tuna cubes on at least two sides.
- 3Choose a baking pan or dish that will allow the pieces to be about 1/4" apart from each other but without extra space. The pan should also be deep enough to allow it to be covered with a lid or foil without touching the tuna. Lightly oil the bottom of the pan or dish and evenly distribute the tuna.
- 4Pour oil into the pan to come up 1/3" to 1/2" deep. Sprinkle the minced garlic (and thyme, if using) over the tuna in oil.
- 5Cover and bake for 15 minutes (20 minutes if tuna is partially thawed). Turn the tuna pieces over. Cover and bake for a second 15 minutes for well-done but moist tuna.
- 6Serve the tuna hot. Discard the oil and garlic (and loose thyme, if using).