Mahi Mahi, Fajita Style
2mild fish fillets (mahi mahi, cod, pollock)
1/2 tsptaco seasoning
1 Tbspolive oil
1 smallgreen pepper, sliced
1 smallred bell pepper, sliced
1 smallonion, sliced vertically into strips
1/2 cbrown rice, cooked
1/2 cblack beans, cooked
1/2 cpineapple salsa (see my recipes)
2 Tbspfat free sour cream or plain yogurt
1/2 smallavocado, diced
·hot sauce, to taste
How to Make Mahi Mahi, Fajita Style
- Heat oven to 350. Place fish on a lightly greased pan. Sprinkle with taco seasoning and bake 10-20 minutes, until it flakes easily with a fork.
- While fish cooks, heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium high. When it’s hot and begins to shimmer add onions and bell pepper. Cook, stirring frequently but allowing scotched patches to form, until crisp-tender. You’re aiming for something like fajitas.
- Combine heated rice and black beans. Divide the mixture between two serving plates, spreading it into a circle.
- Top rice and beans with bell pepper mixture.
- When fish is done, place it on top of the bell peppers.
- Top the fish with a line of pineapple salsa, a scoop of yogurt or sour cream, avocado and a drizzle of hot sauce.