How to Make LOBSTER SALAD
- 1Fill a pot with water to cover lobster; add two teaspoons salt for each quart of water. Bring to a rolling boil and add lobster(s). Allow 10 minutes for small lobster(s), 15 minutes for medium lobster(s), and 25 minutes for large lobster(s).
- 2Remove cover with a pot holder and using tongs lift out lobster and place on a platter to cool. Use care when handling them while twisting off the claws, as hot liquid will drip or squirt out while doing that. At home my mom used a nut cracker to break open the claws, and we had picks for removing the meat.
- 3The tail meat is easiest opened with a pair of scissors made for that purpose. Place the hard shell down first and cut the cartilage. Bend it and twist it to remove the meat. Remove the dark line of intestine.
- 4We usually served the lobster meat in a grilled hot dog roll (buttered and grilled) with a spoonful of mayonaise on top and if desired with lettuce lining the roll. A bit of lemon squeezed over it is also delicious.
- 5This is the most popular way of serving a lobster roll at our little restaurant nearby. Some others might prefer to embellish it with celery and seasonings, but I like it "simply as is above".