Lemon Pepper Panko Crusted Fish
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The presentation for this recipe is really pretty. And, I love the flavor. The potato and the Parmesan cheese in the breading were a nice addition along with the lemon Panko crumbs. The Test Kitchen
- 4-6 medium
- haddock filets, cod filets, or other firm white fish
- 1 large
- egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 c
- lemon pepper Panko crumbs
- 1/4 c
- instant potato flakes, dry
- 1/4 c
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- olive oil for frying, 1/4 inch depth
- enough flour for dredging fish filets
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Lemon Pepper Panko Crusted Fish
- 1I found lemon pepper panko crumbs at Wal-Mart Superfoods.
- 2Place flour in a plastic bag, add salt and pepper to your liking, about a 1/2 tsp each. Add fish filets and shake to coat.
- 3Mix egg with water in a dish, roll fish filets in egg mixture. Then roll in Panko crumbs, potato flakes and Parmesan cheese that have been mixed and placed in another dish.
- 4Repeat back into egg mixture and then into panko crumbs once more.
- 5Put olive oil in a fry pan and heat on medium high. Fry fish on each side for about 3 minutes or until fish are a nice golden brown and crunchy.
- 6Remove to a plate and serve with tartar sauce and lemon wedges.