Lemon-Dilled Tuna Salad
Photo by me
- 1 (12 oz.)
- can solid white albacore tuna in water, well drained
- 1-2 tsp
- lemon juice concentrate, if you have fresh on hand by all means use that instead
- 1 tsp
- lemon zest, optional for if you have a lemon on hand
- 1/2 tsp
- dried dill
- 1/2 c
- heavy mayo, i always use hellmann's
- 1/8 tsp
- salt, or more to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- finely chopped celery
- dash coarse ground pepper
How to Make Lemon-Dilled Tuna Salad
- 1Drain tuna well. Mix ingredients in small bowl til nicely combined.
4-5 tomatoes, slice down through top but not all the way through into 6-8 wedges. Fan out wedges and fill with salad for stuffed tomatoes. Serve with a few crackers for scooping.
4-5 slices toasted bread, 4-5 slices tomatoes and 4-5 slices cheese for tuna melts. Bake in 375 oven for about 5 minutes or til cheese is melted. Cheeses that work well: american, velveeta, muenster, swiss, gouda, havarti, mozzarella, provolone and fontina.