Lemon Dill Tilapia
I used Tilapia for this dish, but any kind of mild fish would work well with these flavors.
4 - 64 oz portions of tilapia (or other mild fish)
1 Tbspbutter, melted
1 mediumonion sliced thinly into rings
2 cloveminced garlic
2lemons, zested, and juiced
2 Tbspdried dill weed
1 tspeach dried basil and tarragon
1 Tbspolive oil
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Lemon Dill Tilapia
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wash fish fillets and pat dry between two paper towels. Lightly season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter and saute lemon zest,juice, garlic, onion, and herbs... then add olive oil. Saute a couple minutes till heated through. (about 5 minutes or so)
- In a medium glass baking dish place fish fillets and pour the lemon butter herb sauce over them. Sprinkle a little more salt and pepper over the fillets to taste then cover with two layers of foil. Put in the oven and slow roast for 2 hours.
- can serve with rice, or roasted redskinned potatoes (lemon butter with dill goes well with both) and a nice green side salad. Enjoy!
- 2 hours may seem like a long time to cook the fish, but the double layer of foil keeps all the moisture and flavor in the fish so it's light and flakey when you take it out of the oven.