Jazzed Up - Mackerel Mike's Style
3 mediummackerel, fresh - filleted and washed
4 clovegarlic,fresh minced or pounded
11/2inch piece ginger,fresh grated
2 mediumgreen chiles, fresh mild
2 Tbspyogurt, plain
1/2 tspsalt to taste
1/2 tspwhite pepper,freshly ground
2level tsp of tandoori fish masala- available in most indian or south asian stores
1/4 tspturmeric, ground
How to Make Jazzed Up - Mackerel Mike's Style
- place washed mackerel in a glass dish
- add all ingredients into a little bowl and mix well
- grill on high in frying pan, coated with grape seed oil for 6-8 minutes per side/or on a foiled lined baking tray.
- I served this sumptuous, yet humble mackerel with steamed baby potatoes and broccoli.
- Tips: Omega-3 fatty acids are imperative for brain development....and strengthening of joints..!