Halibut with Bacon & Green Beans-Annette's
I found this recipe after I had ordered some Halibut steaks from Natures Prime Organic. I wanted to do something different but simple with the Halibut since it is a fish that shines on it's own. I'm a firm believer that you don't cover up Halibut with heavy sauces or flavors that end up masking the great taste that the fish carries on it's own. This recipe ended up being one that we have used many times. It's quick and easy with very few ingredients.
- 4- 7 oz
- halibut steaks
- 4 slice
- bacon, sliced in 1/4-inch pieces
- 8 oz
- roma beans, or other fresh green beans, sliced into 1/8-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- siracha pepper sauce, optional
How to Make Halibut with Bacon & Green Beans-Annette's
- 1Chop bacon and beans into bite size pieces. Cook bacon half way done then add beans, salt and pepper. Cook until beans are tender crisp. About medium heat. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 2Turn heat up a bit and wait for pan to smoke then add Halibut that has been seasoned on both sides with salt and pepper to bacon grease. Sear on both sides about 4 minutes each until fish starts to pull away from the bones and the meat is no longer opaque.
- 3Remove fish and return beans to pan with a little water (it won't take much) to add steam and squeeze juice of half a lemon over beans to reheat.
- 4Serve on top of Halibut. Stream some hot Siracha sauce on plate if desired. Enjoy!
About Halibut with Bacon & Green Beans-Annette's
You May Also Like:
Show 8 Comments & Reviews