Grown-up Tuna Noodle Casserole
- 2 1/2 c
- whole wheat pasta (penne or macaroni noodle)
- 3 can(s)
- chunk light tuna, in water (drained)
- 7 oz
- canned black beans (drained)
- 7 oz
- canned sweet peas (drained)
- 15 oz
- canned fire roasted tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 c
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 Tbsp
- hot sauce (base amount on how spicy you like)
How to Make Grown-up Tuna Noodle Casserole
- 1Boil water as directed by whatever pasta you choose for 2 1/2 cups (as cooking times vary based on the type of pasta). Add in pasta when water is at a rolling boil.
- 2In a large sauce pan combine the tuna, black beans, sweet peas, tomatoes, black pepper and salt. Stir well, and let heat through.
- 3When the pasta is al dente, remove from heat and drain. At this time, remove the tuna combination from the heat as well.
- 4When pasta is completely free of excess water, return to the large pot, and mix in the tuna combination. At this time, add the cheese and hot sauce (amount varying to how spicy you like), stir well. Serve, and top with any fresh herb-especially delicious with fresh dill.