- 3 lb
- large or x-large shrimp
- 8 Tbsp
- olive oil, lemon flavored if possible (use a splash of lemon juice if necessary)
- 8 Tbsp
- dry white wine
- 8 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 tsp
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp
- chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
How to Make Grilled Shrimp Scampi
- 1Set bbq grill to medium-high temp.
Clean shrimp as carefully as possible, try to keep the shells intact. First take the vein out, then remove the legs, and carefully butterfly shrimp with a sharp knife. Now you are ready to marinate.
- 2Combine rest of ingredients to make the marinade.
In a large bowl place shrimp in a single layer, and spoon marinade over each one. Repeat with remaining shrimp, making sure each is covered in the marinade.
- 3Cook shrimp face down for 2-3 minutes, then turn them over and cook for 2-3 minutes more, or until done.