GRILLED POMPANO (SALLYE)
Try it, you'll like it!!
- 4 medium
- pompano whole fish***
- 1/4 c
- fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 Tbsp
- ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp
- granulated sugar
- 1 clove
- garlic, smashed
- 1 Tbsp
- teriyaki or soy sauce
- 1 tsp
- sriracha chili sauce
- 1 tsp
- each of salt & ground pepper
How to Make GRILLED POMPANO (SALLYE)
- 1***You can substitute filets with the skin on in place of the whole fish.
You can also substitute any kind of white fish in place of the pompano.
- 2Place fish in large zip lock bag
- 3Whisk together all marinade ingredients until well blended and frothy.
Pour into bag with fish.
- 4Seal bag and turn over several times to make sure all the fish is coated with marinade.
Place bag in fridge for at least an hour (but not more than 4 hours or lime juice will begin to "cook" the fish)
- 5Heat grill or heavy skillet to medium high heat, and brush lightly with oil
- 6Remove fish from fridge and drain most of marinade off.
Once grill is hot, transfer fish to it. If you are using filets, start with skin side up.
- 7CAUTION: DO NOT FORCE TURNING FISH IF IT IS STUCK. IT WILL RELEASE FROM THE GRILL/SKILLET WHEN IT IS READY TO BE TURNED.
- 8Cook about 3-5 minutes per side, turning only once.
Be careful when turning fish, as it is very fragile and will come apart if you are not careful.
You can wrap marinated fish in foil and cook it on the grill or in the oven at 400º. If you choose this method, cook about 10 minutes until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
Do not overcook or fish will be dry.